for grades 9-12
An Incredible One-of-a-Kind Resource that Gives Teachers Instant Leverage and Ability to Motivate Students to a Higher Academic Performance and Successful Learning and Living
Unleashing Learning Potential
The main objective of The Path to The Unbreakable You Course is to help ensure that every high school student of color in grades 9-12 obtains the 9 paramount competencies needed to transcend the negativity and downward pull of systemic racism and being perceived as a minority:
- Increase self-awareness and self-appreciation (healthy self-communication, self-worth and emotional balance)
- Lifelong learning (cultivate and maintain an open mind; willingness to unlearn, learn new things and unleash the imagination)
- Ability to identify personal interests, strengths and areas for improvement
- Ability and consistency to set long- and short-term visions and goals (set achievable goals and develop strategies for reaching them)
- Cultivate a strong focus and work ethic (never give up, ability to take consistent action)
- Positive person; become more positive in attitude, communication and behavior (build healthy, productive relationships with others)
- Fearless; increase confidence, resilience and perseverance; ability to succeed (recover quickly from microaggressions, criticism, setbacks and disappointments)
- Multicultural respect, appreciation and leadership (respect and concern for all cultures, nationalities and human beings)
- Ability to choose happiness and kindness and enjoy life
I believe that our students have benefited greatly from the Path to The Unbreakable You Course. Those students who are doing the right things have received support from this powerful course and those students in need have been empowered, gained self-respect, and shown overall general improvement in attitude.Rob Schultz
Creative Solutions & Tools for Unique Problems
Although there has been tremendous change and improvement in race relations throughout our society, systemic racism still exists. Thus, many students of color are still learning and living in underrepresented and underserved schools and communities. Regardless of their zip code, because of the manmade construct of race, students of African, American Indian, Asian and Latino descent will have to face many, if not all, of these unique challenges and obstacles:
- The negativity, weakening and downward pull of being perceived as a minority
- Experiencing microaggressions and systemic racism on a regular basis
- Experiencing systemic colorism in the family, culture, community and media
- The hurt, fear, self-doubt, umbrage, misinformation, stress, anxiety, self-hate and perceived limitations passed down into the psyche generation after generation (caused by the vicious psychological and/or physical abuse of the racism of the past that their parents, grandparents and ancestors experienced)
- An uneven self-concept-building education system, media and society (rarely seeing, learning about positive, powerful people who look like them in history books, movies, TV shows and fairytales, business owners, people of power and authority figures). This creates a false paradigm that white people are genetically and intellectually superior to people of color.
- Living in communities with people of color who have been emotionally damage and effected by systemic racism.
To heal and prepare students of color to excel (and often merely survive) in this reality, a more direct, powerful and focused approach to learning and living the paramount 9 competencies is crucial.
The human brain has virtually an inexhaustible capacity to learn. All human beings possess amazing untapped potential for learning, growing and contributing to family, community and world. Many educators, counselors and mentors fail to unlock this potential because they overlook and/or are not prepared for the unique challenges many students of color face.
The Path to The Unbreakable You online video course is a valuable resource and best friend to teachers, counselors and mentors, helping them educate and prepare their students in a way they never could before. This one-of-a-kind course gives students in-depth information, tools and step-by-step strategies that encompass all the 9 paramount competencies. It gives educators volumes of essential elements for successful learning and living for students of color.
The Path to The Unbreakable You course is invaluable, helping accelerate a student’s ability to learn and sustain enthusiasm for lifelong learning and productive, healthy living. This is not your run-of-the-mill, feel good curriculum. This course was created from a grassroots effort, from personal life experiences and over 20 years of research and hands-on work with youth of color. These are proven strategies and techniques that get participants to take action. The Path to The Unbreakable You course hits at the core problems that are often overlooked, helping students access their hidden brainpower and learning potential.
Proven Strategies and Techniques
The Path to The Unbreakable You Course is invaluable. It helps accelerate a student’s ability to learn and sustain enthusiasm for lifelong learning and productive, healthy living. This is not some run-of-the-mill, feel good curriculum. This course was created from a grassroots effort, from personal life experiences and over 20 years of research and hands on work with youth of color. These are proven strategies and techniques that get participants to take action. It hits at the core problems that are often overlooked, helping students access their hidden brainpower and learning potential.
Fun and Easy to Use
The Path to The Unbreakable You Course is experiential social and emotional learning curriculum for grades 9 – 12. It is a natural fit for today’s teens. High school students have grown up with the Internet. The Path to The Unbreakable You Course fits perfect with their independent and technology mindset.
This course is very easy to implement. Simply give students access to the course, print out the workbook and assessment results and let the videos and audios do the rest. You can implement The Path to The Unbreakable You Course in numerous ways. Options include using this innovative course as a character education curriculum, in social studies or health, as a ninth-grade orientation class, as a career class that stands on its own, as an after school program, as a college prep or leadership program for high-achieving students, or for a student retention, dropout prevention course. The Path to The Unbreakable You Course has unlimited possibilities. Yet, however you choose to use it, you will find that this remarkable course will help students succeed throughout their high school career and help them navigate through the unique challenges they face throughout their lives.
Making a Difference
- Decreased emotional stress, fear and self-doubt caused by microaggressions, being perceived as a minority and systemic racism
- Increased sense of belonging and self-appreciation
- Increased emotional literacy, self-awareness and mindfulness
- Increased ability to create, protect and maintain the highest version of oneself
- Increased college, career and life readiness
- Increased visioning, dreaming and short- and long-term planning for a successful, meaningful future
- Relevant, effective life skills and tools that can be used for a lifetime
- Increased resilience and perseverance in ability to succeed
- Increased confidence and determination to graduate and achieve future academic, career and life goals
- Students with new enthusiasm for learning / increased academic outcomes
- More supportive and trusting relationships with students
- More positive student body
- Reduction in behavioral problems
- Improved student retention and graduation rate
- Improved parent and community relationships and engagement
- Higher standards for student achievement
- New resources for managing reactionary habits
- A school where everyone is included and thrives
I learned it’s not other people’s opinions that give you your talent and worth; it’s something that you have by just being aware of who you are.
As a teacher at Kennedy High School, I have been able to work with The Path to The Unbreakable You Course. Numerous students have taken this course. I have seen the impact that The Path to The Unbreakable You Course has had on our non-white students. I have personally witnessed this course transform students into confident, motivated young men and women by giving them a skillset and power they didn’t know they had. I was extremely happy with the content of the curriculum and the quality of the video production of the video sections. Every one of the sessions provided positives messages and practical and highly relevant tools to our students. I look forward to using this course again next year.Rosslyn Frank
Materials Provided in This Course
The lessons combine multimedia lessons, entertaining instructional videos, printable worksheets, personal assessments and offline projects that focus largely on developing higher order thinking that helps students of color achieve overall high school, college, career and life readiness.
- 19 Lectures equaling over 5 hours of Video Lectures (documentary quality videos)
- 4 Audio Self-Concept Strength-Conditioning Sessions equaling over 3 hours (designed for unlimited use to empower students throughout the year whenever they need to be lifted up, recommitted and refocused)
- 4 Self-Assessments
- Path to The Unbreakable You e-book (105 pages full of powerful tools, empowering insight and skill-building exercises)